Wednesday, August 22, 2012

“The coldest winter I ever spent was summer in San Francisco”





I’ve ben going to San Francisco once or twice a year since graduating college to visit my friends that’ve moved up there for various reasons -- being part of the tech capital, grad school, the feeling of being part of a “ real city,” etc. Being a SoCal girl, sometimes I don’t get why anyone would want to live somewhere where it’s rainy half the time and it’s winter in the summer. (Frizzy hair has just never been my thing)

But then every time I go there, I always come back wondering why I don’t live there. I love walking around the streets and seeing independent restaurants and shops and not just the average Chili’s and Rubio’s.





Being with my friend from college and her group of guys friends, of course we ordered the largest one possible -- the 5 LITER STEIN!

5. Liters. Worth of Beer. In One Mug.

I couldn’t even pick it up until it was passed around a few times. I think it was larger than my entire head. We continued on the night with a few more bars and a couple too many shots, and ended with “Club Cab” (obnoxiously loud blasting house music thru the SF hills) and the makings of a nice hangover for the next morning.
Hannah and I halfway through the 9-mile trek 



After pulling myself together with a big brunch, I got a grand trip around the city and we took a 9 mile trek along the embarcadero to the Golden Gate Bridge and through the Marina. Of course I used this as an excuse to eat my weight in chocolate at Ghirardelli Square, saw some nice views of the America’s Cup Sailing tourney that was being set up for 2013, and then passed out until we ended up getting sushi and going out with more college friends in the Marina. 




Although my heart is here in LA, there’s always a part of me that feels so comfortable being up north in SF. It’s a mild combination of LA and New York and I love it. As long as find a good way to keep my hair tame during the consta-mist weather, it could be a perfect fit... One day.
“The coldest winter I ever spent was summer in San Francisco” -- Mark Twain


No comments:

Post a Comment